How does contact tracking work at the TUK?
As a rule, all participants of events at the TUK generate a QR code
for themselves one time on the website kontaktverfolgung.uni-kl.dewith their contact data: name, address and telephone number.
When attending the event, this QR code is presented to the organizers and scanned. Only the name is visible to the organizer.
When leaving the event, the QR code is either scanned again or the organizers close the contact tracking at the end of the event.
At the end of the event, the collected data is sent from the organizer's device to the server and stored in compliance with data protection regulations.
In case of a Covid19 infection at one of the participants, the list of contact persons will be generated by the administrator of the web app and forwarded to the public health department. All further steps will be taken by the public health department.
Obligation to use
of kontaktverfolgung.uni-kl.de for the participation in events on site / on the campus of the TUK.
Please also note the regularly updated information on university operations during the Corona Pandemic.
Preparation of contact details
This is how you prepare for the transfer of your data for contact tracking.
- Open, preferably with your mobile device, the website kontaktverfolgung.uni-kl.de
- Enter your full name. Order and format do not matter.
- Enter your full address. The format does not matter.
- Enter your telephone number where you can best be reached. Please expect to receive a call on this number and, if necessary, accept a call from a number you do not know.
- Send the form by clicking on the button "Generate personal QR Code".
You will now see the website with your personal QR Code. You have the following options:
- Print the form: Print the QR Code and carry it with you to share your contact details at events.
- Download it: Save the QR Code as a graphic on your device and transfer it to your preferred mobile device. You can then scan the QR Code directly from your mobile device to share your contact information.
- Renew: Correct your contact data with the "Renew" function. Please do not use this function to generate QR Codes for third parties. There is a separate function for organizers. Please also consider a new printout or a new transfer of the graphic to your mobile device.
Passing on contact details
When entering the room, show your QR code to the organizers, either as a printout or on your mobile device. The organizers will scan the QR code.
When you leave the event, the QR code will also be scanned, or the organizers will complete contact tracking for all participants at once.
FAQ Contact tracking for participants
Intake is a tool for contactless data acquisition and is used during the Corona Pandemic at the TUK.
At the TUK it replaces the handwritten recording of your personal data, which you are familiar with, e.g. from restaurants.
The software was purchased as a campus license and is available to all employees, lecturers and students of the TUK.
In the coming winter semester 2020/21, it should be possible to trace contacts due to the corona pandemic. Intake makes contactless data acquisition fast and reliable. Potential chains of infection can thus be quickly transmitted to the responsible health authority.
Intake is available in several languages and easy to use.
No. The software Intake is a platform-independent web application that captures a person's contact information.
The personal data will be stored until the processing is completed. They are deleted immediately when the stated purpose is achieved or the procedure concerned is completed and there is no obligation to archive them. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU ordinances, laws or other regulations to which the person responsible is subject. Data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires.
Through the initiative of Prof. Dr. Georg Rock and Christian Bettinger, the University of Applied Sciences Trier has developed a user-friendly software that complies with all (data protection) legal requirements and corona regulations. (Intake website of the HS Trier)
Operation and secure data storage takes place at RHRK.