Publicly accessible network socket
Setting up a network access
- Click on the "Start" button or press the Windows key and enter "services.msc". Wait briefly until Windows has found "services.msc" and select it with a single click.
- After the new window "Services" has opened, search here for "Automatic configuration (wired)" and open the properties of the element with a double click.
- In the properties change the start type to "Automatic", start the service with the button "Start" and confirm with "OK".
- Close the service management again and right-click on the network icon in the taskbar (next to the clock). There select "Open Network and Internet Center".
- In the Network and Sharing Center, select "Change adapter settings.
- After a new window has opened, right-click on your network connection (usually "LAN connection" or "Ethernet") and select "Properties".
- Then the "LAN Connection Properties" window opens and you must first switch to the "Authentication" tab. There you have to tick the boxes for "IEEE 802.1X authentication" and "Access unauthorized network access". As method for network authentication select "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)" and click on "Settings".
- Make the following settings in the "Protected EAP properties":
- Check the box "Verify the identity of the server using certificate verification".
- Check the box "Connect to the following servers".
- Enter server: "radius.uni-kl.de"
- Select "T-Telesec GlobalRoot Class 2" as trusted root certification authority.
- Select authentication method "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAPv2).
- Check "Enable Identity Protection".
- enter "eduroam" as your identity.
- Click on "Configure" for the authentication method and make sure that the check mark is NOT set in the new window.
- Confirm twice with "OK" and you will be returned to the LAN connection properties. Now select "Additional settings".
- In the new window, check "Specify Authentication Mode" and select "User Authentication". Then click on "Save Credentials".
- A query for user name and password appears. Enter your data in the following format:
- Your RHRK Password
Close all windows by clicking "OK".
The connection is now established automatically.