News records are collected in the News folder and automatically output to the web pages where the News plug-in has been configured.
Here you can see how to create a news.
Here the news records are all collected in the news folder of your facility.
1. select list module (there is also an option to go via "News Administration").
2. click on the Storage folder in the page tree
3. select the News subfolder in the Storage folder
4. in the News folder, either create a new folder or click on the desired storage folder.
5. press + to create a new record
6. Select the type of the new record under News system: Article
7. Assignment of a headline, teaser text and text.
8. Add an image under the Media tab (e.g. if a preview image is to be shown in the list view, this must be selected under "Show in views").
9. Optional information if needed (access, category, translation, e-mail).
If you would like to make further adjustments, you will find an explanation under News - Optional adjustments.
Start: Typo3 Self-Study for beginners part 3
After a news item has been created in the List module, it is included in the Page module as a plug-in. A plug-in is a content element that can be placed on a page like a text element or an image.
10. switch to the page module
11. select/create the desired page
12. Create new content element
13. click on the tab Plug-Ins
14. select message system
15. select the Plug-In tab
16. Enter the ID of the news folder under Starting point. Move the cursor over the previously created news folder and the ID will appear.
17. Under Appearance, select the Standard: White Background layout.
Save and click Show to see the news in the frontend.
If you want to customize the plug-in, see Plug-in extension options for an explanation.
News detail page
If a detail page is included, the news are displayed there in detail, which has some advantages. If you have a detail page, you can e.g. refer to it from several different plugins, no matter where they are located. Or if you have embedded a small news list on the start page and would not configure a detail page on this plugin, when you click on a news, exactly this page would open again with all other content and only show the details of the news at the place of the list. So by the detail page you are more flexible because you can build much more solutions.
18. create and activate a new detail page
19. create message system element (see steps 13 and 14)
20. go to Plug-In tab
21. select the output mode under Settings: Detail view
Attention: Menu automatically jumps back to General tab
22. go to extension options and more settings tab
23. under Page ID for "Back" link enter the ID of the page with the first message system
Now a detail page is created where the news can be displayed in detail.
In the next step, the news plug-in is configured to the details page so that when you click on the news, only the related details are displayed.
24. Now back to the first news system created in step 10. Under Page ID for Single News View, enter the ID of the page with the second news system.
Save and display!
25. open article in frontend